Click on Map for a printable Hike/Bike trail map.
Everyone Plays a Part !
The City of Grand Island and the Parks and Recreation Department, along with the aid of private donations, have made it possible for everyone to enjoy Grand Island's Recreational Trails. Please follow the Tips of the Trails to insure that Grand Island's trails are fun and safe for everyone.
Thank you !
|ON STREET TRAIL||Miles|
|6th St and Oak St to 17th St and Oak St||0.65|
|17th St and Oak St to Custer St||1.10|
|Custer St and State St to Faidley Ave||1.00|
|Faidley Ave to Charles St||1.00|
|Charles St to Stolley Park Rd.||0.60|
|Stolley Park Rd to Sylvan St||1.10|
|Sylvan St to Fonner Park Rd||0.50|
|Fonner Park Rd and Vine St to Bismark Rd||0.50|
|Vine St and Bismark Rd to Ashton Ave and Oak St||0.30|
|Ashton Ave and Oak St to 6th St and Oak St||1.00|
|6th St and Oak St to 6th St and Eddy St||0.60|
|6th St and Eddy St to 6th St and Broadwell St||1.10|
|6th St and Broadwell St to 6th St and Faidley Ave||1.00|
|Ashton Ave and Oak St to Eddy St and Charles St||0.60|
|Eddy St and Charles St to Blaine St and Charles St||1.20|
|Perimeter of Cemetery||1.25|
|Total Perimeter Distance||1.25|
|HALL COUNTY PARK TRAIL||Miles|
|Perimeter of Park||1.00|
|Total Perimeter Distance||1.00|
|EAGLE SCOUT PARK TRAIL||Miles|
|Perimeter of Park||1.05|
|Total Perimeter Distance||1.05|
|Shoemaker School to North Rd||1.94|
|STATE STREET TRAIL||Miles|
|North Rd to Lawrence Ln||0.80|
|PIER LAKE TRAIL||Miles|
|Perimeter of Lake||0.46|
|SUCKS LAKE TRAIL||Miles|
|Perimeter of Lake||0.50|
|St Joe Railroad Crossing to Blaine St||0.50|
|Blaine St to Locust St||1.00|
|Locust St to Stuhr Rd||1.00|
|Stuhr Rd to Trail End||1.80|
|JOHN BROWNELL/BELTLINE TRAIL||Miles|
|St Joe Railroad to Blaine St||0.25|
|Blaine St to Arthur St||0.25|
|Arthur to Harrison St||0.32|
|Harrison St to Adams St||0.40|
|Adams St to Locust St||0.50|
|Locust St to Oak St||0.50|
|Oak St to Cherry St||0.50|
|ST JOE TRAIL||Miles|
|Ada St to Stolley Park Rd||0.25|
|Stolley Park Rd to Central Community College||1.20|
|Highway 34 to St Joe Railroad Crossing||1.46|
|CEDAR HILLS PARK TRAIL||Miles|
|Perimeter of Park||0.45|
|Total Perimeter Distance||0.45|
Cycling Do's & Don't's
- Ride on the far right of the road or trail.
- Watch for cars pulling out.
- Be aware of what is behind you.
- Lock your bike while you are gone.
- Weave in and out of traffic.
- Pass on the right.
- Wear dark colored clothing at night.
- Ride against traffic.
The helmet is the most important item of safety equipment that a bicyclist can wear. Three out of every four bicycle riders killed in crashes die from head injuries. A helmet decreases head injuries by about 85%. Everyone needs to wear this type of protection when cycling.
It is a good idea to know how to use these hand signals so others will know what you are doing and can plan accordingly.
Never assume that vehicles around you are aware of your presence.
10 Tips of the Trails
- Every bicycle operator riding on the streets of Grand Island is granted the rights and duties applicable to motor vehicles.
- Trail users, please keep to the right when using the trail.
- Give an audible signal before overtaking and passing another trail user on the left.
- Be aware of traffic approaching and behind you.
- Be aware of intersections, crossings and all signage.
- When approaching hazardous surfaces, slow down and avoid quick turns, and sudden stops.
- Please keep all pets on leashes.
- Please pick up your own litter and also your pets.
- Travel with a companion. Remember...there is more risk after dark.
- Trails are closed from 11:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.